Search This Blog

Sunday, January 5, 2020

He is Faithful

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful." - Hebrews 10:23
If your 2019 was anything like mine, it was full of the good and the bad, highs and lows, smiles and tears, worries and fears. I can promise you that 2020 will bring more of the same. With each year that passes, I am reminded that there is only one being that I am fully able to trust, and that is God. Just like Apollos stated: "He is faithful."

My children will test my patience. My wife and I won't see eye to eye on everything and some days anything. My health and that of my loved ones will be tested. The safety and security of our nation will be challenged. Politicians will continue to speak out of both sides of their mouths. The world will continue to change without my approval. But. God. Is. Faithful.

He is the only sure, constant thing in my life. He is more constant and steady than the rising and setting sun. So in 2020 and hopefully for the rest of this life, I will cling to him with every ounce of my being, because He is faithful. I pray that you would do the same.

-Be Blessed,
Sr Captain Bobby Delgado
HFD Chaplain

photo credit: Nicky Jernigan

No comments:

Post a Comment